College Testing Resources
- AP – College Board
- CLT Exam – Classical Learning Test
- Fairtest.org – The National Center for Fair & Open Testing lists over 800 colleges and universities that do not use SAT and ACT to admit substantial numbers of undergraduate students.
Common Core Concerns
See Catholic is Our Core resources.
- FADICA – The Catholic Funding Guide
- The Foundation Center
- National Catholic Community Foundation
- National Catholic Development Conference
- Raskob Foundation
- Scrip Online
- Diocese of Marquette – philosophical underpinnings for a curricular framework (Once at site, click on Curriculum in left toolbar)
- The Lost Tools of Learning
- Institute for Catholic Liberal Education
- Iowa Assessments & Cogat – Form E or F
- College Entrance Exams July 2014
- Private School Standardized Exams July 2014
Human Resources – Recruiting
- Catholic Jobs Online
- Ave Maria Career Services
- Benedictine College Careers
- Franciscan University Career Services
- University of Dallas Career Services
Human Sexuality Resources
- Carl Anderson and Jose Granados, Called to Love: Approaching John Paul II’s Theology of the Body
- Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Dignitatis Personae
- Jason Evert and Crystalina Evert How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul (Totus Tuus Press)
- “Love, Sex, and Babies” (Catholic Answers)
- “Pure Manhood” (Catholic Answers)
- “Pure Womanhood” (Catholic Answers)
- Romance without Regret Theology of the Body for Teens, Brian Butler (Ascension Press)
- Theology of His Body / Theology of Her Body (Ascension Press)
- Mary Healy, Men and Women are from Eden
- C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
- Pontifical Council for the Family, The Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality
- Ed Sri, Men, Women, and the Mystery of Love
- St. John Paul II, Catechesis on the Book of Genesis: The Original Unity of Man and Woman, Theology of the Body, Love and Responsibility, Man and Woman He Created Them
- Pam Stenzel, Introduction to Abstinence
- Pope Pius XI, On Christian Education: Divini Illius Magistri, Casti connubii
- Pope Benedict XVI, Deus Caritas Est
- Pope Paul VI, Humanae Vitae – Of Human Life
- Pope John Paul II, Familiaris Consortio, The Christian Family in the Modern World, The Gospel of Life, Mulieris Dignitatem
- American Life Leagues – Culture of Life Studies Program
- USCCB – On Human Sexuality
- USCCB – Life as a Gift from God
- “Teen Relationships and Sexual Pressure”, Jason Evert and Ellen Marie
- “Sex and Love: What’s a Teenager To Do?”, Mary Beth Bonacci
- “Freedom to Love DVDs”, Christopher West
Resources for Catholic Education
These resources were compiled specifically to assist Catholic school administrators in the daily operations of their schools. They are essentially non-common core based and build upon recognizing the dignity of the person, enhancing Catholic identity, and perpetuating best practices within Catholic educational institutions. National testing websites are included for efficiency. All resources, aside from testing sites, appeared to be non-common core at the time of publishing. Please contact us if you find otherwise.
Catholic Identity Assessment
- Catholic Education Honor Roll – awards program of The Cardinal Newman Society
- Principles of Catholic Identity in Education: Questions for Reflection and Assessment
- The Catholic Schools Identity Assessment – An assessment program sponsored by the Catholic Education Foundation.
Diocesan: Non-Common Core (select samples)
- Diocese of Charleston, SC
- Diocese of Dallas, TX
- Archdiocese of Denver, CO
- Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, TX
- Diocese of Nashville, TN
- Diocese of Superior, WI
- Diocese of Tulsa, OK
School – Diocesan & Parish (using classical approach)
- Kaukauna Catholic School System, WI. Entire school system transitioned to classical approach.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School, CO. Transitioned to a classical school in 2012and increased its enrollment.
- St. Agnes School, MN. NAPCIS member school. This parish school was on the verge of closing, but is now thriving after changing its curriculum to emphasize the liberal arts and classics.
- St. Jerome Classical School, MD. This Catholic diocesan school transitioned to a classical curriculum.
School – Independent Catholic (select samples)
- Holy Angels Academy, KY
- John Paul the Great Academy, LA
- Rhodora J. Donahue Academy, FL
- Chesterton Academy, MN
- Holy Family Academy, NH
- Immaculata Classical Academy, KY
- Kolbe Academy / Trinity Prep, CA
- St. Augustine Academy, CA
- St. Edmund Campion Academy, OH
School – Online
- Homeschool Connections – All Catholic
- Catholic Virtual School – This is an online supplemental course for Catholic Schools.
- Queen of Heaven Academy, TX
- Kolbe Academy, CA
School – Home School
- Angelicum Academy
- Aquinas Learning
- Catholic Heritage Curricula
- Kolbe Academy, CA
- Mother of Divine Grace School
- Our Lady of Victory School
- St. Thomas Aquinas Academy
- Seton Home Study School
“Gravity of Education” 50th Anniversary Conference Papers
Rhodora J. Donahue Academy, Ave Maria, FL, May 13-14, 2016
- Common Core or Christian Core by Steve Schultz M.A.
- Catholic Liberal Education – Leading Our Students to Transcendence by Lisa Rochefort, EdD doctoral candidate
- The Spirituality of the Catholic Teacher: Reading Gravissimum Educationis through Lumen Gentium’s “Universal Call to Holiness.” by Jeremy Johnston, M.A.
- Statistics and the Gravity of Education by Cassie R. Graham, M.A.
- The Mission of the Catholic School by Sr. Teresa Benedicta, O.P., M.A.
- Behind Common Core Education Reform by Deirdre and Domine Clemons
- Bethlehem Press
- Catholic Heritage Curricula
- Catholic Textbook Project
- Classically Catholic Memory
- Daughters of St. Paul
- Didache Textbook Series
- Ignatius Press
- Kolbe Academy
- Lepanto Press
- Loreto Publications
- Magis Center
- Midwest Theological Forum
- Neuman Press
- Principles and Choices – High school theology supplement.
- Sophia Institute Press St. Mary’s Messenger – Catholic monthly subscription magazine for children ages 7-12.
- Tan Books
- Classical Science
- Classical Writing – Sequenced writing series for K-12.
- Memoria Press
- Yesterdays Classics – World History, Greece, Rome, England, Literature. Secular (choose with prudence)
- Dramatist Play Service, Inc.
- EPS School Specialty – Reading, Writing, Comprehension, Intervention
- Harry Wong Materials
- Hickory Grove Press – Gifted and Talented resources and supplements for Math, ELA, Science, History
- Great Books Foundation
- Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Samuel French – Licensing Plays and Musicals
- Universal Publishing – Writing Our Catholic Faith Handwriting
- Circe Institute
- Faith and Reason Institute
- Magnificat – used as faculty devotional
- Sophia Institute for Teachers – Newly created resource for faith-based lesson plan exchanges. Multi-Site professional development located at varies cities and times.
- The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education – Annual teacher retreat and conference.
School Management Systems
- Option C – Complete, Catholic, school management system